- new ways of communicating and interacting leading to better family relationships
- improved attendance at, and engagement with, school
- positive changes to parenting strategies
- children and parents/carers gaining enough confidence to go on to support other families
- more trusting relationships between schools and families.
1: Overview – start here!
Find out more about the Learning Away schools’ innovative family support residential programmes.
2: Recruiting families
Find out how the Learning Away schools identified and promoted the benefits of family residentials in order to recruit families.
3: Getting started
This section explore the logistics of different residential models, including how families were supported to develop resilience and communication skills.
4: Resource library
Case studies, activity ideas and templates.