Winter residentials are particularly effective because:
- There is time for learning and development to be embedded back in school – the Learning Away programme discovered that residentials are especially likely to have a long term impact on students and on attainment in particular, when followed up on students return to school.
- They foster deeper relationships which are sustained back in school – relationships between staff and students become more trusting and respectful. Students get to know teachers as individuals; staff gain a better understanding of their students and how to respond to them which can benefit throughout the rest of the school year. So the sooner the teachers know their pupils and ‘set them up for success’ the better, and residentials play a crucial role in achieving this.
- They are more affordable and therefore inclusive for all students – many residential providers have reduced rates, discounts and bursaries available over the winter months.
- They offer new learning opportunities –such as: astronomy; night walks; and exploring in the dark. It will be within the hands of providers to develop programmes which highlight the opportunities available to at this time of year.
Details about the communication launch events are below. Click on your preferred date and location to book your place.
The London event is now fully booked. To add your name to the reservation list please email email@example.com
- Provide your ‘top’ winter residential photographs for infographics, webpages, social media, video and presentations
- Provide any testimonials / quotes from schools which specifically relate to a residential in the winter months
- Recommend schools who would be eligible for the Learning Away Champion School scheme – particularly for their use of winter residentials
Contact Kim at firstname.lastname@example.org or 07834167648