- ‘Outdoor lessons in Winter’ – Don’t let snowy and wintry conditions put you off outdoor learning. Snow, rain and frost can offer the perfect settings for inspiring and outstanding lessons, writes Jo Ling for the Guardian.
- 6 outdoor activities for wintry weather – Just because it’s cold doesn’t mean you need to stay indoors! Bundle up and get everyone outside to enjoy these fun learning activities, perfect for chilly temperatures and snowy weather by TheSchoolRun.com
- Outdoor Learning: Winter – Wrap up warm and head outside to make the most of the wintry weather, says national school grounds charity, Learning through Landscapes writing in Teach Early Years
- Winter Olympics – Ellis Coles has organised a huge number of activities for 5-11 year olds which you can incorporate into a set of themed ‘Winter Olympics’ on your winter residential from www.teachingideas.co.uk
- Stargazing live: Star Guide for Key Stage 1 & 2 and Key Stage 3 & 4 – These beginner’s guides from the BBC and The Open University will help you navigate around the night sky. It includes star maps and exciting facts about our stars, planets and the wider observable Universe.
- Stargazing live: Moon Guide for Key Stage 1 & 2 and Key Stage 3 & 4 – Explore our nearest neighbour in space. Learn about the Moon’s surface, its phases and other moons in our Solar System from the BBC and The Open University.