An effective evaluation will identify whether you have achieved what you set out to do, and whether there are any unexpected outcomes. It will help you to:
- identify the outcomes for students and share it with other interested parties, e.g. parents/carers, governors
- check whether what you are doing is still meeting the needs of young people and their families, and create a basis for next steps in your students’ learning
- demonstrate whether you have used your resources – people, time and money – effectively
- justify the opportunity and gather support for future experiences by illustrating to others what has been achieved
- provide evidence of the educational value of the experience to potential funding providers
- identify strengths and weaknesses in the residential experience.